Knaresborough is just three miles outside Harrogate and connected with its neighbour by a bus service running every ten minutes no less! Its interesting collection of various styles of architecture, dating from different periods, makes a visit worthwhile. The view above is of the gorge made by the River Nidd with the 1851 railway viaduct that carries the Leeds-Harrogate-York railway line. The church tower poking its head though the trees is that of the medieval parish church dedicated to St. John. The building is constructed from fine magnesian limestone and has its origins in the early twelfth century, making it worth a look. Knaresborough was also a home to linen industry though the Mill, on the banks of the Nidd, is now used for residential purposes.