Site updates…1st August 2006
Over the last while, I have changing the look and feel of the website in any evolutionary manner. I suppose that it is a sort of rolling redesign. It has not been limited to appearances since there have been some back end changes too. These include making XHTML and CSS standards compliant: I need to keep it up now. The other change is to make increasing use of XML behind the scenes and automate web page creation and delivery (makes things easier to manage). One product of this back-end work is the addition of a search box to the bottom of every page. This is a home-built effort, replacing the Google one that I used to use. Somehow, Google doesn’t seem to be making much headway in indexing my site though I have made life easier for Googlebot by removing some of the obstacles over the last few months. Maybe, there’s still a way to go yet… Anyway, I decided to create my own index and this is what you can search. And as you might have guessed, index creation is automated as well.