Here is another of the two photos in this album that feature university buildings lining Oslo's premier street. The statue in the picture is that of Anton Martin Schweigaard. When Oslo still was known as Christiania, he was its university’s professor of jurisprudence and economics during the 1830's and 1840's. Later, he was a member of the Norwegian Parliament. His belief in economic liberalism and in capitalising on Norway's economic resources marked his contributions to academia and public life. This was someone who came a long way from humbler routes in Telemark and his association with the law faculty makes situating the statue next to its buildings an appropriate choice.